New Version

Aug 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I just finished rewriting this program and was wondering if anyone would be interested in it. I extended the functionality so you can now drill down to any test suite in the tree and only print that branch. I also included the hierarchy of each test suites. Now you can tell which subsuite each test case resides.

I'm new to this so my next question is how do I post my version of this program?
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
This is a good news. Thanks for that johnjday3. I am interested in the new version. Let me know how I can get it.
QQ- Does it address the HTML tags issue? Earlier extractor exports with HTML tags/ code and all are not removable with 'Find Replace' in Excel.
Sep 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I created a new project and posted my source code here.

https://testcaseextractor2.codeplex.com/

I just figured out how to retrieve the DescriptionHTML field so I added it to the Title field on the spreadsheet.

About the HTML tag issue. Where do you see them? Is it in the steps or just the description field?
Oct 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I see the HTML tags in both Steps and Expected Results. I tried your new version and got mixed results. some test cases were good while some were distorted and contained HTML tags. Here is a sample of content in column Steps: Expected result for this came out as <<Not Recorded>>

Steps:
  1. <steps id="0" last="3"><step id="1" type="ValidateStep"><parameterizedString isformatted="true">1. Deploy the base configuration in Config Mgr. Make sure ICM Enabled->Yes, No EMs enabled, No Live outage Enabled in the configuration</parameterizedString><parameterizedString isformatted="true">1. Base configuration deployed.</parameterizedString><description></description></step><step id="2" type="ValidateStep"><parameterizedString isformatted="true">2. Place call & hear</parameterizedString><parameterizedString isformatted="true"><DIV><P>2. Welcome to Xbox Customer Support. &lt;500 msec pause&gt; To help us improve our quality of service, this call may be recorded or monitored. pour obtenir de l'assistance en fracias, appuyez sur le neuf</P></DIV></parameterizedString><description></description></step><step id="3" type="ValidateStep"><parameterizedString isformatted="true">3. Enter 9 & hear</parameterizedString><parameterizedString isformatted="true">3. Merci d´avoir appeler le Service a la clientèle Xbox. Pour fournir un service de qualité, cet appel pourrait être enregistré ou écouter et les renseignements recueillis pendant l'appel pourront être transférés dans d'autres pays. En continuant cet appel, vous acceptez les conditions. <750ms> . S´il vous plaît, restez en ligne pour le prochain représentant.</parameterizedString><description></description></step></steps>
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I uploaded a new version that strips the HTML from the Steps ansd Expected results. You will see <<Not Recorded>> in the excepted results if nothing was entered in that field.
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
thanks for your prompt fix. Can I download the latest version from the same link as in your above post?

About <<Not recorded>>- the expected result is populated in MTM. But still it comes as not recorded for some test cases.
Oct 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
shwetapatwardhan wrote:
thanks for your prompt fix. Can I download the latest version from the same link as in your above post?
Yes, same place. It's now 1.1
About <<Not recorded>>- the expected result is populated in MTM. But still it comes as not recorded for some test cases.
The code looks at the length of the string in the expected results field and if it is 0 then it will print out <<Not Recorded>>. So it should work. Can you try it again?