Test case extractor - each step should be in seperate row in excel sheet instead all in a single row

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Hi,

This is tool is pulling all the test steps in a single row.

My requirement is to have each step in seperate row instead all in a single row.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Surya

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hi Surya,

Thank you for using the tool. Having each step in a separate row leads to confusion as this tool exports many values, not just the test steps.

Thanks,

Keerthi

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
surya123 wrote:

Hi,

This is tool is pulling all the test steps in a single row.

My requirement is to have each step in seperate row instead all in a single row.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Surya

Hi Surya,

I had the same need (each step/result in a separate row). I modified Keerthi's code a little to accomplish this. I can share it with you if Keerthi doesn't mind :-).

-ngan

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

hi -ngan

pls share it me.

keerthik will be happy ..no issues.. right  keerthik..thanks

Best Regards,

Surya

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Hi Surya,

I uploaded the patch to CodePlex. You can go to this link to download the Zip file: http://testcaseextractor.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches.  The Zip file contains all of the source code files.  However, if you don't want to have to recompile it, here are the 2 files you need to replace your existing files with:

1. Test_Case_Extractor.exe (in folder "Test_Case_Extractor - Ngan\Test_Case_Extractor\bin\Debug").
  2. Test_Case_Template.xlsx (in folder "Test_Case_Extractor - Ngan\Test_Case_Extractor\bin\Debug\Resources").

Let me know if you have questions!

-ngan

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Hi Ngan,

Thanks for the immediate response!

I have replaced the existing 2 files with

1. Test_Case_Extractor.exe (in folder "Test_Case_Extractor - Ngan\Test_Case_Extractor\bin\Debug").
  2. Test_Case_Template.xlsx (in folder "Test_Case_Extractor - Ngan\Test_Case_Extractor\bin\Debug\Resources").

But while running the test case extractor, we are getting unhandled exception.

Please suggest!

Thanks, Surya

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

You have the template file (Test_Case_Template.xlsx) under the sub Resources folder, correct?

Also, do you have the same exception if you use the original Test_Case_Extractor.exe with the exact same Test Plan/Suite selection?

-ngan

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM

yes. I tried in a way you explained above. but still unable proceed.. pls help me out! Thanks!

-Surya Jagan

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

Check that your PC has Office 2010 installed.

Jul 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I actually have an updated version for Windows XP, where it kept saying it couldn't locate the template file. I don't know if it fixes Surya's problem or not, but feel free to check it out.

Also, I changed it to where the Test_Case_Template.xlsx should be in the same location as the binaries themselves since it's simpler that way.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM
ngan
I have updated with patches and the program still closes the program with an error. I do not get an error before the patches.

I am on Windows 7 with Microsoft office 2010. Please let me know what else I may try. -thanks.